Stay connected this Sexual Assault Awareness Month!
Every year ELAWC partners with local community organizations and college campuses to raise awareness and educate the community on Sexual Assault.
This year we are doing things differently but our commitment to survivors remains. Although we won't be gathering at a local campus or community organization, we are excited to bring a number of workshops, film screenings and thought -provoking discussions you can join from the comfort of your home and even from your phone device!
Let's make this a memorable year and show our support to survivors everywhere. Despite social distance, survivors are not alone.
Here are some ways you can continue to support and raise awareness:
1) Join our livestream workshops and film screenings events below (Click to RSVP):
Workshop: Human Trafficking #1 | April 14th Tuesday| Time: 12:15PM-1:30PM
Film Screening: Speak | April 14th Tuesday | Time: 4:30PM | Led by ELAWC Youth
Film Screening: Rape on the Night Shift | April 16th Thursday | Time: 12:15PM-1:30PM
Workshop: My Healthy Relationships | April 20 Monday | Time: 12:15PM-1:30PM
Workshop: Engaging Boys and Men to End Sexual Assault | April 20th Monday | Time: 4:00PM-5:00PM
Film Screening: The Invisible War | April 21st Tuesday | Time: 11:45AM-2PM
Workshop: Coping with Overwhelming Emotions | April 22nd Wednesday | Time: 12:15PM-1:30PM
Workshop: Loving with Consent: A Conversation about Safer Sex and HIV Prevention | April 23rd Thursday |Time: 12:15PM-1:30PM
Film Screening: The Hunting Ground | April 28th Tuesday | Time: 12PM-2PM
Workshop: Human Trafficking #2 | April 30th Wednesday | Time: 12:15PM-1:30PM
Workshop: Engaging Boys and Men to End Sexual Assault #2 | April 30th Thursday | Time: 4PM - 5PM
You will receive an email the morning of presentation to ensure safety.
For any questions contact, Sonia Rivera: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please Note our chatline will not answer registration questions.
2) Follow our social media channels @elawc on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and follow the hashtag #ELAWCBoldMoves #30daysofSAAM as we join the efforts of (CALCASA)#BoldMoves to end Sexual Violence campaign. We are committed to ending sexual violence and ensuring survivors feel safer and supported.
3) Share resources to those who may be near their abuser during these quarantine times. We have compiled a list of RESOURCES: HERE
4) Start a Fundraiser for ELAWC! You can donate to our Rapid Response Fund HERE. While our Hotline continues to operate 24/7 along with our modified remote services, we also need your help to meet the needs of all our clients during these uncertain times: covering hotel room expenses, emergency relief, food and basic needs for survival. You may also start a Fundraiser on Facebook by using your "Create Post" function and then clicking on "Support Nonprofit" and add our full name: East Los Angeles Women's Center.
5) Book a Virtual Guest Speaker - Our trained case workers and therapists can join your training or workshop and discuss: Domestic Violence 101, Sexual Assault 101, Women's Health (HIV), Stress Management, Grounding Techniques and Mindfulness
If you or someone you know is in need of support you can always reach us at 800.585.6231
For questions please contact:
Arlene Torres: email@example.com
If you are interested in attending any of the livestream workshops make sure to RSVP to receive login details.