Advocacy, education, and compassionate support are essential for women and girls who have encountered violence. You can be a part of the transformative work of the East Los Angeles Women’s Center by becoming an Embajadoras de Paz, an Ambassador for Peace.
Being an Embajadora
Embajadoras are committed volunteers from all walks of life who come together with ELAWC to make a real and lasting impact on the future of the center and the women and families we serve. This dynamic community of women envisions and advocates for a community where women lead safe and healthy lives.
- Share skills, resources, and experiences
- Develop innovative events and campaigns to help achieve our mission
- Attend social and educational events sponsored by the center
- Advocate for program and legislative support with federal, state, and local governments
- Extend our impact with an annual membership contribution that helps sustain our services.
We invite you to help us grow our network and invite others to also become a member of the Embajadora de Paz Women’s Network
The Rewards are Many
- Network with active, influential, and inspiring women in your community
- Join forces with others — to make a bigger difference
- Share talents and develop new skills in a supportive atmosphere
- Receive quarterly updates about ELAWC’s work in Greater Los Angeles
- Receive priority invitations to events and policy-making opportunities
- Most importantly — put your voice to work improving the world for women impacted by HIV and sexual violence.
We believe every person is entitled to a peaceful, safe home and to be treated with honor, respect, and equality.
Add your voice to our numbers. Become an Embajadora de Paz.