The Wellness Center located at the Historic General Hospital at LAC+USC opened its doors in 2014. It is a “one-stop” venue for participants seeking to empower themselves towards better health through education and access to health and advocacy services, and the adoption of positive lifestyle changes. ELAWC was selected to be one of the founding Wellness Center organizations and is the only organization that provides domestic violence and sexual assault services in this multifaceted community development project.
At the Wellness Center, ELAWC works with on-site health and wellness partner agencies—as well as doctors, nurses and social workers at the adjacent LAC+USC Medical campus—collectively we eliminate barriers to care and benefits and address those issues that impact individual, family and community health.
ELAWC provides the following services at the Wellness Center:
- Crisis Intervention
- First Responders to the Hospital, ER and other medical clinics when a victims of domestic /sexual violence is identified.
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Youth - Violence Prevention and Youth Development
- Victims of Crime Services
- Presentations and Training to Health Professionals
- Hosts Domestic Violence Task Force
- Provides SART services and conducts SART community meetings